RINPAS Library consists of a Central Library supporting the teaching, research and orientation program of the Institute and 2 Patient Libraries for the recreation of patients. The Central Library is well equipped with modern facilities and resources in the form of books, journals, back volume of journals, theses, dissertations, project works, training modules, WHO publications, CD ROMs and internet services. The library strives to provide timely, accurate and current information, and to provide an appropriate and comfortable academic environment for the users.
WEB-OPEC has been installed in Central Library. Through WEB-OPEC one can view every thing entered in e-granthalaya i.e. status of the books and journals through local area network.
Progress of work in Medical Library is as under:-
- All the Books till March 2012 have been entered in the computer. The library is automated using e-granthalaya software developed by NIC, New Delhi
- Loose Journals from 2011-2012 have been entered. At present 980 holdings of Bound Journals are in the Library.
- BroadBand Internet Connection is in operation.
- Two Databases are available.
- E-J Server giving Full-Text access to 4157 E-Contents, out of which 2200+ are E-Journals.
- EBSCOHOST “ Psychological and Behavioral Sciences Collection “ Databases containing the full text of 545 Journals(from 1993-till date ).
- WbOPAC is in operation.
- 826 Books have been procured from April 2011- 2012.
Total number of Journals in the Medical Library in 5684.
The collection comprises mainly books, journals, back volumes of journals, theses, CDs etc. The books are arranged according to Dewey Decimal Scheme of classification. The current journals and back volumes of journals are arranged in an alphabetical order by title. Within each title, the journals are arranged in chronological order. The total collection of library as on 31st March 2012 is as follows.
|Books & WHO publications||19159|
Current journals (foreign +Indian)
|Back volume of journals||980|
Library Services and Facilities:
The library offers the following facilities and services.
1. Library membership facility.
2. Document borrowing facility
3. Reference, referral and information services.
4. Facility to browse reading material in an open access environment.
5. Photocopying services.
6. The members have privilege of direct access to the library and the freedom to browse books during specified hours.
7. Broad Band Internet facility to students, research scholars and faculty members.
8. Reading facility and photocopying services to the students visiting the Institute for orientation course for fifteen days/One month or for training purpose.
9. Providing Two Databases:
A. E-J Server giving full text of 4157+ e-contents, out of which 2200+ are e-journals.
B. EBSCOHOST” psychological & Behavioral Science Collection” Database giving full text of
545 journals (from 1993 till date).
|MD, DPM, P.HD, M. Phil students||2 Reader ticket|
|Research Officers||2 Reader tickets|
|Senior Residents of RINPAS||4 Reader tickets|
|Medical Officers||2 Reader tickets|
|Faculty Members of RINPAS||5 Reader tickets|
Circulation (Issue/ Return)
- The books and journals are issued to Bonafide members of the Library. The books are issued for a period of one week, current journals for 1 week to the students of RINPAS. The back volumes of journals, thesis, dissertation and reference books are for in-house use only.
- Reissue & reservation of books can be done.
The Library is using e-Granthalaya software developed by NIC, New Delhi for Library Management.
- Planning to digitize the library
- Entry of articles of journals through appropriate keywords
Newspapers and Magazines in MEDICAL LIBRARY
- Hindustan Times
- The Telegraph
- The Pioneer
- Employment News
- Dainik Jagran
- Dainik Bhaskar
- Prabhat Khabar